The return of spring means it’s time to jump back into home maintenance after a winter of nesting. The to-do list can get rather lengthy, but here’s an item that should be on every homeowner’s list: an annual termite inspection. This yearly routine is free when you call a pest control specialist such as Ecola.
Considering that termites can literally cost homeowners tens of thousands of dollars because of the damage they wreak, a free inspection to protect your home seems like a no-brainer. Putting termite control on your spring cleaning list will give you peace of mind and allow you to more fully enjoy the spring and summer months ahead.
Getting Ready For Your Termite Inspection
After scheduling your termite inspection, there are a few things you can do to prepare your property. Many of these steps are hopefully already on your spring cleaning list.
- Remove Outside Debris.Your termite inspector will need to take a good look at the exterior part of your home, especially around your foundation. Make sure the exterior walls of your home are free from clutter and overgrown shrubbery.
- Declutter the Garage and Attic.Move items two feet away from garage and attic walls to allow the inspector to see where the walls meet the floor. Make sure access to the attic is clear as well.
- Clear Your Crawl Space. Remove anything that blocks the opening to your crawlspace as well as anything inside that would hinder getting a close look around.
- Empty the Space Under Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks.The inspector will be looking for evidence of both termites and leaks.
- Make a List of Questions.Your questions will change depending on whether you require termite treatment. If you do need termite control, you can ask about recommended methods such as natural termite control, how long treatment takes, costs, and guarantees. If you are termite free, questions about prevention are most relevant. Either way, questions on what you can do to make your home less appealing to termites in the future are appropriate.
Use Your Termite Inspection To The Fullest
Ecola’s pest control specialists are experts in their field and there to help you in any way they can. Your annual termite inspection is an opportune time to also learn about rodent control or how to kill ants. Pest control no longer means your home will be automatically treated with chemicals. No matter what issue your home is facing, new family-friendly methods are becoming more widely used, such as the installation of TAP insulation, or microwave and heat methods. Call Ecola today at (800) 332-BUGS (2847) to schedule your free termite inspection and show your home the love it deserves.
← Newer Older →