Decorating the house for the holiday season is a favorite activity for most families. There’s so much joy in unpacking the boxes of treasures that have lain hidden in the basement or attic for the past ten months. And, bringing home the Christmas tree is a family favorite. Don’t let your holiday cheer get thwarted by the discovery that pests ruined your holiday décor. Or worse – that you are releasing pests into family space.
Not A Creature Was Stirring?
Holiday pests like spiders, roaches, rodents, moths, and more love the dark recesses of your home. In addition, they love to nest in and feast upon cardboard boxes, glue, tape, and paper goods. You may not see them stirring, they are busily munching away and reproducing out of your sight.
Many people are also unaware that pests can be easily brought into your home on Christmas trees, wreaths, and firewood. Here are some helpful tips for a pest-free holiday season:
• Store all holiday decorations in tightly sealed plastic bins instead of cardboard sealed with tape.
• Inspect all trees, wreaths, garlands, and firewood you bring into your home.
• Always store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home on a slightly raised platform.
• Shake out your tree, wreaths, and garlands outdoors before bringing them inside.
• Check all light strings carefully to ensure they were not chewed and frayed, as it could be a fire hazard.
• Unpack cardboard boxes outside before bringing decorations inside.
Stay Pest-Free All Year Long
One of the best holiday gifts you can give your family is a pest-free home. It takes both preventive and eradication measures to enjoy decking the halls in a carefree manner. And, Ecola uses eco-friendly pest control solutions that hinder and eliminate pests not just during the holiday season, but all year-round so you and your family can enjoy home life to the fullest. Call Ecola at 800 471-BUGS (28547) today to make sure your holiday season is pest-free.
← Newer Older →