As Americans become increasingly concerned about the environment, green solutions have cropped up for almost every need. Luckily, this is also true for the pest control industry. Where harsh chemicals were once the normal way to eradicate summer pests, natural solutions have been found to be just as effective.
Integrated Pest Management
Green pest control is part of a larger trend called Integrated Pest Management. This solution doesn’t only focus on eradicating the pest that’s currently invading your home or office. It also includes evaluating the surrounding conditions that could be helping pests reproduce and thrive.
As such, your Ecola pest control specialist will recommend changes both inside and outside of the building that could create a less inviting environment for pests. In addition to eradication, your green pest solution might also include proven deterrents such as TAP insulation, which helps to prevent future infestations of multiple types of summer pests such as termites, rodents, and ants.
What Are These Green Solutions?
- Ecola Heat:Ecola’s heat process kills adult termites and their eggs by heating the temperature in your home or a room in your home to about 180 degrees. It takes about eight hours, so you can leave for work and school in the morning and come back at the end of the day. The termites are gone without the need to stay in a hotel as you would with traditional tented fumigation.
- Electro-Gun:This is an electronic system for killing termites in a localized part of your home or business. A high voltage current penetrates wood, killing the termites as the current flows through their tunnels.
- Microwave:A microwave unit targets and kills termites in localized areas.
- Borates:A salt, borates are applied directly onto wood surfaces, concrete, plumbing, soil, or foundation. Once ingested by termites, they can no longer absorb nutrients from their food and starve to death.
- Orange Oil:D-limonene, the active ingredient in orange oil, is extracted from the rinds of oranges. It kills termites upon contact.
Ecola – A Leader in Green Pest Control
Ecola has a long history of focusing on alternative pest control solutions because natural pest control solutions are not only better for the environment, but for homeowners and businesses too. If you have a summer pest infestation or would like to prevent one, call Ecola at 800 471-BUGS (2847). Our specialists will be able to provide you with information on alternative treatments and the ones that are best for your situation.
← Newer Older →