Here’s how the fumigation process works:
- The fumigation process starts with preparing your home for fumigation. Your ECOLA inspector and technician will guide you through the setup process.
- Once you’ve prepared your home and left, the fumigation crew will cover your home with tarps or plastic sheeting – this is called “tenting” the home.
- Once tented, a warning agent is released into the home as a precaution to ensure that all people have vacated.
- Next, all doors are secured using deadbolts, additional locking devices or barricades to help prevent unauthorized entry.
- Now, fumigation begins – Vikane® gas fumigant is released into the home, filling all air spaces and voids in the wood, walls and floor. Vikane reaches the termite colonies in the structure.
- Finally, the tarps are removed and your home is aerated. Your fumigation professional will check the home with sophisticated equipment to ensure all of the Vikane has dissipated from the structure before authorizing reentry.
Call us today at 800-332-BUGS (2847) to learn more about the Fumigation treatment or schedule a Free Termite Inspection online.