You will find Argentine ants mostly in southern United States and in California.
The general consensus is that they may have entered the United States aboard ships carrying coffee or sugar from Argentina during the 1890s, and then expanded throughout California and the southern parts of the United States. They have killed and displaced native ants, many of which are ten times larger in size.
Protecting your self from Argentine Ants:
- Doors and windows must be properly fitted and sealed
- Keep common areas such as; kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, as clean as possible.
- Proper sanitation in the following areas which would be:
- Under the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
- Do not accumulate items around the perimeter of the facility such as firewood, debris, stacked pavers, or other stagnant materials.
- Clean up foliage often. Accumulation will lead to infestation.
- Maintain trimmed foliage, keeping from coming in contact with the facility or roof.
- Try not to plant landscape accustom to afid infestations too close to facility.
Preparing for ECOLA treatment of Argentine Ants:
- Clean & clear ALL areas of recent infestation, such as cabinets, closets, and food items.
- Remove items to another location.